Friday 1 January 2016

Set Your Soul on Fire

Why do we do what we do? Is it because it's a routine, a way to survive life? Or is it because we love it and we are passionate about it? 

I have definitely been caught in both scenarios. There are things we have to do in life to survive, even if we don't necessarily want to do them. I completely understand this concept; I'm not talking about these tasks in this post. I'm talking about the things we choose to do: hobbies, interests, jobs, and religious activities, to name a few. 

The things each of us are passionate about aren't random, I believe we are meant to pursue them to the best of our abilities. Each of our capacity for greatness is much larger than we realize, it doesn't matter what greatness means to you. The roles we have to play here are vital to other people's well being, not to mention ours. 

There are times when the necessary parts of life start to take their toll, and stress can become overwhelming. Outlets, as I call them, are absolutely essential to each of us. I have several: spending time with my family, riding a horse, playing basketball, exploring, taking photos, attending church, and writing. These take my mind off the more taxing areas of my life, and allow me to be creative and free. They set my soul on fire. They give me time to appreciate what I have, and allow me to focus on the postives, which can be extremely challenging in some circumstances. 


Part of my 2016 New Years Resolution is to enjoy the present in the fullest way possible. I'm going to be there for people, stop and reflect, appreciate the beauty and character of the place I'm in and the people I'm around, and rush to make memories. I'm hoping I can stick to this goal for a whole entire year...

I hope we can all find an outlet, and actively pursue what sets our soul on fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment